Short week

Due to some other obligations, today was the only day this weekend that I’ll be able to do any work on the Jeep. Luckily, I got some good stuff done with the short time I had.

First off, I got the long axle shaft down to the driveline place to get the joint replaced. The new part won’t be in for a few days, so I’ll have to wait until next weekend or so to get that back. After dropping it off, I got the rest of the front axle parts prepped for their first coat of paint. I got the differential cover painted, as well as both hubs, one side of both backing plates, both drums, lower anchor plates, brake hose guards, and a couple of rocks in the front yard on accident. Oops. Next week, I’ll get the other sides painted on the backing plates, and get the final coat on the rest of the parts. I’ll also get another coat of paint on the axle tubes and differential housing before starting to put everything back together. Maybe if I get some time tomorrow after my obligations I’ll get a few more coats put on. Hopefully by the weekend after next, I’ll have a completed front axle that is ready to be hung on the frame.


Comments are closed.